Friday, April 1, 2011

A to Z Challenge


Ok, call me crazy...I can't help myself...ever since I read about the A to Z challenge my blogger friend  Mary (at Play off the Page) is joining, I found myself wanting to join this challenge.  What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It begins April First with the letter A and ends April 30 with the letter Z. 

I will admit, I have to wonder about my sanity for even considering this challenge.  After all, my last blog entry found me off track....Plus, I reviewed some of the other blogger's sites who are participating in this challenge.  These bloggers are writers, not just a dreamers dreaming about writing! Also, the time commitment needed to dedicate to almost daily blogging frightens me just a bit.  Yikes...we all know how my 5K training turned out. (Which by the way, I am hoping to restart this weekend.)  However, after pondering about this challenge the last few days...and remembering my life motto:  "Live a life of no regrets!"....I am picking up my pen...let the fun begin!!

For the last while I have struggled with a consistent bible study time, so in hoping to develop a more regular routine, I have decided to pick my A to Z words from the bible.  Hmmmm....I wonder where this is going to take us! 

The first word that I am starting this challenge off is: A is for Abba.

In Mark 14:36, we find Jesus saying "Abba, Father everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." In Aramic, Abba means "daddy" or "dear father," signifying a close and intimate relationship with God.  I was a christian for a few years before I was able to say "Abba, Father."  My struggle, like many others, was due to a distant relationship with my own father, along with much brokenness in my life.  However, God through His mercy, love and perseverance has helped heal my brokenness, enabling me to find wholeness in Him. 


When going through treatment for cancer, I found myself many times with tears in my eyes crying out "Abba, Father."  As, I was saying those words, I would imagine myself climbing onto His lap with His arms wrapped around me...with Him whispering back..."Shhhh, my daughter, I am here."

Well, only 35 minutes and it will be time for the letter B...

(If you would like to know more about the A to Z challenge or if you are just interested in reading some of the other bloggers blogs who are participating, click on the link on the side bar.)

No comments: