A new feature that I am hoping to accomplish on my blog is to share some of the great books I have been reading. This week, I am going to share with you a book written by Joe Bunting.
- I now know what makes up a short story
- I have some great resources on publication possibilities
- I have set a few goals
- I have a clearer understanding in the unique world of writing
Let me share a few highlights of this great book:
- A challenge to write a short story every week
- Rejection is a badge of honor and by writing short stories I will be rejected sooner than if I wait until I submit a novel.
- That the privilege of being a writer is capturing the world's stories and putting them in a form that can be shared.
- Great guidelines on the how to write a short story.
- To be accountable and share on my blog that I intend to write a short story by the end of the month. (YES!)
I loved the easy to read style of this book, along with the tools shared on how to launch a career, become a better writer and small, practical steps towards publications. Not only is there practical tools and application steps, Joe has sprinkled encouragement throughout the book. At the end of the book, Joe shares many resources which I can't wait to check out. This is one "craft" book, I will be referring and recommending often. Thanks Joe for helping a newbie learn.
In my opinion, one of the greatest resources Pastor Hybel gives us is short list of five filters that can help us test every whisper we receive. Below is the filter list, you should read the book to get more details.
Filter 2: The Scripture Filter
Filter 3: The General-Wisdom Filter
Filter 4: The Wiring Test