Y is for Yipee!!
One of the qualities I admire in my husband and daughters is self-discipline. While I am becoming more disciplined, this is still an area I struggle. This is especially true when it comes to goal setting. This could be because my goals are just a bit unrealistic. Take my goal of running the 5K in the Avera Breast Cancer Race. It started out as a good goal, but in my deconditioned state, I should have started months ago. I am still going to run it, but will probable do a run/walk. Oh, well, there is the Susan B Kommen 5K this fall which is a bit more realistic. Or what about my goal of losing 30 pounds in two months? Yup—unrealistic. Now my goal is to lose 5 pounds. Once I achieve that, I will plan a new goal.
So, why the YIPPEE? When I first read of the A to Z bloggers challenge, I thought, there is no way I can complete that challenge. With only Z to go, I am almost there…
The A to Z blogging challenge has been such a delight for me:
• I have met some really awesome new bloggers/friends
• I have practiced my writing every day
• I have been encouraged by the kind comments and emails
• I have learned lots about life
• I have grown in my faith journey
• I have learned that I love to research topics and ideas
• I have learned that I have so much to learn about writing
• I have learned that life is pretty darn amazing!
Q. What goal(s) have you accomplished?