Friday, April 29, 2011

The letter Y!

Y is for Yipee!!


One of the qualities I admire in my husband and daughters is self-discipline. While I am becoming more disciplined, this is still an area I struggle. This is especially true when it comes to goal setting. This could be because my goals are just a bit unrealistic. Take my goal of running the 5K in the Avera Breast Cancer Race. It started out as a good goal, but in my deconditioned state, I should have started months ago. I am still going to run it, but will probable do a run/walk. Oh, well, there is the Susan B Kommen 5K this fall which is a bit more realistic. Or what about my goal of losing 30 pounds in two months? Yup—unrealistic. Now my goal is to lose 5 pounds. Once I achieve that, I will plan a new goal.

So, why the YIPPEE? When I first read of the A to Z bloggers challenge, I thought, there is no way I can complete that challenge. With only Z to go, I am almost there…

The A to Z blogging challenge has been such a delight for me:

• I have met some really awesome new bloggers/friends

• I have practiced my writing every day

• I have been encouraged by the kind comments and emails

• I have learned lots about life

• I have grown in my faith journey

• I have learned that I love to research topics and ideas

• I have learned that I have so much to learn about writing

• I have learned that life is pretty darn amazing!



Q. What goal(s) have you accomplished?

3 comments:

Elayne said...

Hey Kim!
I found out about this challenge from you and have loved it as well for all the reasons you wrote about. I have even decided to go to a writers workshop once a month.
So, Yippee!! Thanks for introducing me to this challenge!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Yippee! Indeed. It's been a blast. I'm considering writing a blog post every day, but we'll see. I also have plans to write another play.

Robyn Campbell said...

All of the above for me too. It HAS been fun. I loved meeting you Kim. I love everything about you. You are beautiful inside and out.