Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The letter K

K is for King


The K letter kind of stumped me as in my Bible Who’s Who book didn’t really have any K names. (How could that be? After all, I am very partial to the K name: Kimberly Kay(me), Kalina (oldest daughter), and Kelsey (youngest daughter.) ) So, after thinking about it….I thought of a “K” letter that is very important in the bible. The word that I chose to blog on is king.

“For the LORD Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth.” Psalm 47:2

A few years back when I was going through some challenging circumstances, I heard a sermon which I continue to replay in my mind. The pastor shared that God is our Father and He is our King, thus we are His prince and princesses.

Shortly thereafter I purchased a tiara at the dollar store (yup, I really did!).

You see, there have been situations in my life where I was pretty beat up emotionally, feeling unworthy and very discouraged. By having the tiara on my dresser, I remind myself that I am a princess of the greatest King of the all the earth! If I am a princess of the king, I am worthy! I am wanted! I am loved!

Now, I often find myself challenging other women, especially those who are in a tough life situation, that they are princesses of the greatest king on earth. They are worthy! They are wanted! They are loved!

2 comments:

Elayne said...

Good post, great reminder Kim! Funny, the letter K stumped me today too :)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Great message - cute tiara - and lots of great K names!