First of all to come up with a topic. I so wanted to do something about trials, cancer, etc...but God kept putting it on my heart to write about teens and marriage. So last night I wrote the first draft. Today when I went to go do revisions, I couldn't find the file on my computer--Gone! So, I was going to give up and not enter...but something kept nudging me to try again. So, after arguing with God and asking Him if I was completely crazy, time was not on my side...I wrote an article titled...We Interrupt this Marriage for Teenagers. Regardless if I win or not, writing this article has been an eye opening experience!
- Thinking about the article and trying to be God honoring, etc helped me regain some of the distance I was starting to feel in my walk with God.
- I didn't think about cancer for two days--too busy!
- I learned that writing takes alot of hard work and rewrites.
- I learned that writing brings an excitement and joy to my life!
- I learned that I really want to and need to spend more time in God's word, it was a challenge for me to find the scripture referrences I would have liked to include in the article, but this is a weak area of mine.
- I like to be "in tune" with God and practice obedience, even if I sometimes dig in my heals, kick and scream the whole way!
- I am excited to have my focus back on what God has planned for me. I tell ya, it is no fun to live in the fear! And I am actually starting to feel more like my ol' self. Regarding God's plan: Maybe its writing, maybe its not, but regardless, I know what ever it is, it will be GOOD!