Sunday, April 25, 2010

A God Moment

Don't you just love how God can use every day happenings to teach a lesson.  Such a lesson happened to me yesterday on the way to lunch with some girl friends.  I was sitting in the back seat, which unbeknownst to me, had safety locks on the doors.  When we stopped for lunch, I kept trying to open the door--it just wouldn't open.  My friend said, "Oh, I have to open the door for you."  After lunch we stopped for a few snacks at the gas station, I only tried the door once and I remembered, J has to open the door.  When we were back at our conference and ready to get out of J's car, I quickly asked "J can you please open my door."  BANG!!! BANG!!!!BANG!!! Hit me over the head!  You see, how many times in life am I like the incident with the door?  I keep trying to open the door by myself when it is locked, getting no where.  Haven't I learned by now, that God will open the door--I just have to ask! 



3 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Kim, a nice reminder to us. Sometimes we do need to be hit over the head with these revelations. :) Been there done that. By the way, I have an award for you at my blog today. Enjoy! :)

My Army Brats and Me said...

I have lots of moments:) Hope you enter my giveaway.

Marie said...

How simple and yet how profound Kim. I am taking this lesson with me today. Thank you!