Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Last week I celebrated my birthday! Now, before cancer, birthdays were just  a marker for me....one more year of my life done!  After cancer....no way....birthdays are a celebration!!  One more year of blessings!!  This year is a special year...I am celebrating year
 

A great big THANK YOU to all who made my day a special one!

Oh, where do I start?  The last few months I have been struggling with life after cancer. 

 For me life after cancer is all about learning a new dance.  Struggling to create the steps that will make my life a beautiful work of art.  I have spent time praying and pondering, often asking myself the question "Who am I?" and "What do I want?"  Finding myself frustrated with lack of time, energy and wisdom.   

That is until my birthday...my birthday prayer was the God would give me a word...anything to help me, as I felt like I was heading into a pit.  My birthday was on last Thursday, and Friday, I was prompted to pick up a book that I have had sitting on my TBR (to be read) pile for awhile. 


Wow!!  God gave me a beautiful and perfect gift!!

This next week, I will be sharing my thoughts on what I am learning, how it is impacting my life, and my pondering on the future of this blog, my writing, etc. 





4 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Kim! Firstly, Happy Birthday! I will be joining you on 44 in September. I didn't realize we were so close in age. Cool! You can tell me how 44 feels. :) Next, I'm eager to hear what you will share, and so glad that you're climbing out of the pit. Discerning our calling can be excruciating at times. We know we have something to offer, but how to do it? I will be waiting and watching, and if I miss it, please nudge me! XXOO, Roxane

Susan said...

Happy belated birthday, Kim! Can't wait to hear how God speaks to you thru Tim Keller's book. It's going to be awesome!!
~SS

Julia Tomiak said...

Happy, happy birthday Kim! Thank you for sharing your insight on how precious life is. Sometimes I worry too much about my number (42)and forget to celebrate my blessings. I will pray for you as you continue to grow in faith and strength. I look forward to your future posts!

Vicky said...

Belated Happy Birthday! I love when this happens! It looks like a really good read and I'll be interested to see what the impact has been on your life :) 44 years old is amazing- I promise :)