Monday, May 21, 2012

Celebration Day!

Before I begin on my pondering thoughts on life, I want to share with you another special day that happened last week.

A special friend of mine, who also happens to be a cancer survivor, shared with me that she wanted to write her name on the survivor wall at the cancer institute where we both received our treatment. I thought it was a great idea and we invited two of our other friends to join us. 

Since I am 3 1/2 years out from hearing those life changing words, "You have cancer," I didn't think that signing this wall would really be that big of a deal.  Boy, was I wrong.  On the drive over to the cancer center, my mind was going crazy.  To be honest, the only reason I showed up to the signing was I didn't want to disappoint these wonderful women.  I tell ya, one wouldn't think that it would be hard to sign your name...but it was...what if I sign my name and "it" comes back?  Am I jinxing "it?" Am I really a survivor?  It was like looking cancer in the face and saying "I did it!!"  Over and over I kept saying these words, "Cancer,You may have taken part of my life....BUT you are not my life!! Kim you can do it!" So, once again, I said a prayer and with God's help faced my fears--joining up with my friends to sign the wall.

OH, I am so glad I didn't give in to my fears and miss this event! 
What a special day, with such special women! 
Together---we faced the wall!

Individually--we signed our names!!
Together--we are a special group of survivors--supporting, loving and caring for each other and those who join us the journey no one wants to walk. 

A great big "I LOVE YOU!!" and special "THANK YOU!!" to my beautiful sisters in Christ!



1 comment:

Susan said...

That's awesome, Kim! I know how you feel about "jinxing" things, but the Lord taught me that's a thought based on fear, not faith.

Press on and keep living for Him!
~Susan