Friday, August 10, 2012

5 minute Friday

Even though it has been awhile, do you remember the game? 

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

Connect…

What a perfect word for the place I am in my healing journey.  I love to connect with others...whether it be my coworkers first thing in the morning, my friends or my family.  Seriously, I think  if visiting with others could be a career...I would be at the top of the that ladder. There is nothing I like better than connecting with others and sharing in their life. I love to hear the stories and cherish the memories.

However, there is one person I often fail to connect with...myself.  Like so many others, I often get too busy.  Between work, family, friends and other social obligations, it is difficult to connect with myself.  So, maybe that is why I have had an increase in body pain...it is my body saying, "ENOUGH.  We miss you!  Please take the time to connect with yourself." 

The last few weeks, I have been more intentional with "inking in" an appointment with "MYSELF"....so I could connect with me--which for me always includes connecting with HIM! 
My prayer for you this weekend--may you find time to connect with yourself and our Heavenly Father!

Q. Have you been able to connect with yourself lately?

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Good for you! More of us need to be better at doing that!! (visiting from 5 minute Fridays!)

Liz said...

Yep, this is true for me too-how quick I am to remember other's needs, how quick I am to neglect my own...until my body (or soul) starts shouting loudly, too!

BARBIE said...

It's so important to be in tune with our mind, body and spirit. That only comes from connecting with Him. Visiting from the 5MF!

Terri Grothe said...

thanks for stopping by, so glad you are doing well :)

Hester's Heart said...

Kim,

Thank you for this reminder - I think I've been slacking with all of our house guests lately but need to get back on it!

God bless you, Hester ;)

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Amazing what you can accomplish by just choosing and topic and running with it. I loved this and feel very similarly, Kim! I'm glad you've been able to see the wisdom in not forgetting to connect with you! :)

Deana said...

I cannot wait to connect with myself in two more days in the Rockies! I feel like I have been walking through a maze and when I get to Colorado I will be able to see where I am going.

Thanks for the inspiration, Kim!

Cheryl Barker said...

Kim, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love meeting new folks online, especially other writers. I see you follow Cec Murphey's blog. I do, too. Many blessings to you, fellow sister in Christ and fellow writer! :)