Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Off track


Last Friday evening, as my hubby and I were making up a cheese and meat platter, we received a call that a very special person to us admitted to hospital for emergency surgery on in infection in the bones.  Unfortunately, he experienced some complications and ended up in ICU.  The last few days have found him regaining his strength in the pulmonary unit.  I love this man and these past few days have been one of challenge, support and endurance. 

With the challenge of hospital visits, work, and home life.  I am an engine who has been derailed....


A great big Happy Birthday to my brother!  J.  I am so blessed to have you as a brother!  May this next year bring you many blessings!  I am so proud of you and the man you have become.

4 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Joys and Sorrows fill our lives. Prayers to your friend. Best wishes to your brother on his birthday. Support and love to you as you continue to work towards the best health you can have. Prayers for my friend with breast cancer. As far as I know, she had her mastectomy yesterday.

David C Brown said...

The friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity, Proverbs 17: 17.

nancyspoint said...

Kim, Life has a tendancy to derail all of us far too often. I hope the special person you speak of is doing better and that you got to share some birthday time with your brother.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Kim, doesn't it seem sometimes that the suffering is getting piled on and with little reprieve? Those periods are hard. But they do not last. I pray God will deliver you from your current derailment soon so that you can start feeling lifted into a freer realm. I know you have a yearning to do His will and you feel stuck right now. I have confidence you will get unstuck; it just might take more patience and time than you thought necessary. Prayers for you, dear Dakotas friend. :)