After yesterday's pity party, I have been doing some pondering and reading. Currently I am reading Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. This book is an excellent book for anyone who is willing to take the challenge of living a life of audacious faith! When I finish reading the book, I will share a review, but today I wanted to share how one story from the book has helped change my "couch" perspective.
In the book there is a story about Norm. Mr Furtick, being the pastor of the church, was expecting that he would have to offer words of encouragement to Norm when he received his prison sentence. Instead of being upset, etc, Norm asked the church to teach him how to share Jesus with other prison inmates.
Here are just a few ideas that come to mind:
1) Rest...as I will still be working full time, therapy and have had a recent surgery
2) Spend more time in God's word and develop a stronger prayer walk
3) Set a weekly goal of memorizing a scripture a week
4) Read, read, read
5) Write cards of encouragement to others
6) Continue to explore the world of writing and get caught up in reading my fellow writers blogs
7) Educate myself on resources for survivorship
8) Redisign my blog
Okay, I will stop there...as I am getting too long of a list and hopefully won't be on the couch that long to complete it all!