Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good Things!

Thought I would let you all know some of the good things that have been happening in my life!

Last week I celebrated my 42nd birthday!  Birthdays bring on a whole different celebration after cancer.  Thank you, Lord, for giving me life!
I recently have received some good things in the mail.  Thanks Kate for this wonderful yoga dvd for cancer patients.  I highly recommend it and hopefully will be able to do some fundraising to offer this resource to other cancer patients. If any of you are interested here is the link. http://www.yogaforcancer.com/

I recently was a winner for a gift card to Starbuck's by Glynnis at http://www.glynniswhitwer.blogspot.com/. What a neat surprise and treat!  Glynnis is the editor for the Proverbs 31 magazine.  Although the gift card was a nice surprise, I have really appreciated Glynnis's kind words and encouragement.  I am so looking forward to meeting her this summer.
I have never really won anything in my life so imagine my surprise when I won a book from Roxanne at Peace Garden Writer.   Thanks Roxanne for your friendship, encouragement and the book!  I am hoping to start reading it this next weekend. 
I will be busy reading as I was also blessed to win a few books in a contest for signing up for Karen Witemeyer's newsletter.  Check out her website at http://www.karenwitemeyer.com/ Thanks Karen!

Also, a few weeks ago, I received a blogger award by Roxanne at Peace Garden Mama. What a day brightner!  Thank you Roxanne!  Now I would like to share this award with Luann at Running the Race and Marie at Journey Beyond Breast Cancer. Thank you Luann for all your encouragement and believing in someone else's dream.  Marie, your blog was one of the first I ever read...what a journey you helped to start.  Thank you!
Thanks everyone for letting me share some good things!  Hope you all have a wonderful Monday filled with many blessings!!

2 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Kim, that answers my question. I think you will enjoy the book. I didn't like having to put it down, if that says anything. I felt I could have written a great deal of it myself. It inspired me! And wow, Kim, you are on a ROLL! I'd keep living the way you are living. Something is going right! :)

Running the race said...

Kim, looks like you are being blessed, blessed blessed by a God who love you girl! Just when we think we can't go on He comes through again and again. I do believe in you and know that God has so many things in store for my writer and blog friend. Can't wait to meet you in person! Thanks for sharing this.