Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Ponderings...


This week I've learned of a classmate who was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, a dear friend diagnosed with melanoma, a sister of a dear friend diagnosed with cancer and a former coworker (and inspirational influence) diagnosed with leukemia.

Tears...for the hurt this life sometimes offers...

Hope...for the finding of the One true One who wipes away the tears!

This week I also celebrated with my husbands uncle as he completed his round of chemotherapy! 

Praises...that he withstood the challenges chemo often brings with it.

Hope...for the finding of the One true One who heals!

Lows...and Highs...

Through it all, clinging on to hope and the promise of the one who gave us the greatest gift of all: 
Christ our Lord. 




SHINGLES UPDATE:  I thought I was kicking the Shingles pretty good...and Wednesday even had a bit of energy to spare...but than came Thursday...and Friday...yesterday--I was still in my pjs at 430 in the afternoon...and today--well, I made it to lunch time--fell asleep and woke up at 230.  Geez...I keep telling myself--embrace it, stop fighting it and enjoy that you are at the stage in life where you don't have any little ones who need tending.  

REST.

That was one of the hardest challenges I faced when I was going through active treatment for cancer--
and it is one of the hardest challenges I continue to face. 

I sometimes feel like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum. "I DON'T WANNA take a nap."

Well, I decided if I'm going to rest...I'm going to embrace it!

So, I've been reading and learning...

discovering and pondering...

AND listening...

AND believing!




3 comments:

Claire Bone said...

I have watched too many loved ones fight cancer in the last few years. Well done on your win! It's easy for those of us who have never had to fight cancer to forget that even after the war is over there are other, smaller, battles yet to be fought. Thank you for sharing your walk on this crazy road!

Joy Christensen said...

Kim, you know I think you are one of the most awesome people I know. Absolutely love your honesty and your care for others. Bless you. Strengthening prayers for you as you come and go today. Love you much.

Julia Tomiak said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again, and I love the word you picked for 2014- BELIEVE. You are doing wonderful things- believe in yourself and have an awesome week!