Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 years ago....

Oh, blogger friends, last weekend I started a notebook with all my thoughts on what I wanted to share with you....but time hasn't permitted me the luxury of sharing my words.  The words will have to wait, for tonight, I have a video that I would like to share with you. 



In memory of Susan, who passed away this week.

Now, you may wonder, why am I sharing this video with us?  Maybe it is because Feb 11, 2009 I started chemotherapy, so I am feeling a bit melancholy...maybe because I think Susan did an awesome job on sharing how challenging being bra-less is for women...maybe because my heart aches tonight for the sons and husband, this woman left behind....maybe because cancer ticks me off!! 

If you would like to read more about Susan and her courageous journey, here is a link to her blog: Toddler Planet.

5 comments:

Susan said...

What a touching speech. I love the way she compared radical surgeries to last-minute hail mary attempts to save their lives. What a special lady she was. I'm praying for her family right now.

Hester's Heart said...

Kim, I'm very sad to hear this. I visited her website and what a special woman she was. I'm praying for them too. Love, Hester

Kristi Golden said...

Congrats on your third anniversary girlie. Love you

Mary Aalgaard said...

That is a terrific video and speak by a brave woman. So candid and real. Did you know that breast cancer in a theme in my play? I hope you can see it some day.

Nancy's Point said...

Thanks for sharing this video. The losses just keep piling up don't they? Thinking of you and that anniversary.