Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Minute Fridays...Rest!

Friday's five...is five minutes of writing...no editing...


This week's word is Rest.

Ready...Set....Go!

One of the blessings I took out of the cancer journey is the delight in the word rest.  Before cancer...I was a doer...the more I could fit in my schedule, the happier I would be.  It's funny when all your get up and go, has got up and gone, there is nothing left but rest.  When I first started my journey, I would curse the rest...so very frustrated that I couldn't be out doing.  At some point in the journey, I stopped wrestling with God...and rested...and rested...and rested....I didn't think I would ever get off the couch! 

2 1/2 years into the journey, I no longer fight the rest, but delight in the rest...for it is within the rest that I can hear the whispers of God...and learned the art of just "being!"
 
I have looked so forward to this weekend, as we have worked and/or had obligations every weekend this summer...but not this weekend!  I declared it is to be a weekend of rest!  (Ok, I know we will do some work, but I am hoping for a few hours of rest anyways...(smile)
 
Hope you have a restful weekend too!

4 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Embrace the resting and the quiet. It takes practice to learn how to relax.

K said...

praying that during this weekend of rest, you hear His whispers as a strong still voice!
Blessings!

Robyn Campbell said...

I've been fighting the rest since I became sick, Kim. But here lately, when I get to lie down I'm very thankful to God for it. It settles me and I spend the time with Him. So it becomes very important.

Thanks for stopping by my interview.

JeMA said...

Kim, thanks for your affirmations. You are a shining light, a true example of how we need to rest so we can be led. So blessed to be your bloggy friend.