Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book
So, this next Monday, I will be having another PET scan…just to make sure the ugly beast isn’t the cause of my pain and fatigue! The good thing is that I should have the results the same day.
I struggled with sharing this in bloggersland for a few reasons:
1. There are many women who are in a forever battle against this beast…so, really do I have any reason to complain about having to have a PET scan, when living with cancer is their life reality?
2. Sharing this makes me feel very vulnerable.
3. I hate that I bring concern and worry to my family and friends.
4. I don’t believe cancer has reoccurred, so it feels silly to share.
The reason I did share this in bloggersland:
1. It is human to find comfort knowing that someone else is struggling. There is a knowledge deficit concerning the physical, emotional and mental challenge of survivorship. Those of us who have chosen to blog about our journeys have a great privilege and responsibility to share all of our experiences (good or bad). I believe that sharing our journey can offer hope and encouragement to someone else. So, if you are struggling with the after effects of treatment, you are not alone…we understand…we care!
2. I believe in the power of prayer and I know that many of my blogger friends are awesome prayer warriors! My prayers are that I continue to keep my focus on God, trusting and believing in Him.
3. Plus, I just figured some of you would like to know, because friends share concerns.
Off to win this round!!